How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Behere Your Own Question
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Category: Dental
Satisfied Customers: 2844
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
Type Your Dental Question Here...
Dr. Behere is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it too late to fix my teeth? I am 48 years old and have a

Resolved Question:

Is it too late to fix my teeth? I am 48 years old and have a seven year old son. I have Medicare but don't think they cover dental. I had a bridge which improved my crooked smile immensely in the eighties. After 25 years it is gone and I look like a freak. In 2001 I was actively getting dental procedures done to save my long gone smile. My husband was killed in an accident on the road that left us struggling and uninsured from a union benefit plan. That was the end of all treatment and I look and feel like the walking dead. I don't smile and cannot chew well. My facilal features have collapsed somewhat and I am truly ugly. The front teeth I have were part of the bridge help by pins. I have some money now but cannot go overboard as I have a son to think of. One estimate was 20,000 and another with much less work was 6000. I have wasted money years ago having x-rays and then not being able to complete the work. I am almost resigned to being a hermit but sometimes I wish...
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

Do not desapir, this is not the end of thw world !

I understand that you are looking for affordable dental treatment. I suggest the following avenues to you:

1. Try to contact the local dental society in your area and see if there are any charitable organizations or foundations that will do your treatment for a reduced fee.

You can find the contact information of your local dental society by visiting :

2. Consider getting treatment from a dental school near you . The charges are
much lesser than those charged by a private practioner.

Here is a link with the list of all the dental schools in the USA:

3.You may want to look into a dental discount plan. I know this helps many people that don't qualify for health insurance, or are underinsured. This is an immediate benefits plan, so the advantage is that so you wouldn't have to wait a whole year to get the dental work you need. The name of the company is AmeriPlan and their plan is called dental plus. It's $19.95 a month and you receive up to 80% off on all dental procedures. This would cover you and your entire family as well.

You can look at this website and see if this is something that can help you :

4. Other than these options, you can always look for an compassionate dentist in your city, who will help you by taking a smaller remuneration for his work.

Try talking to your friends, family and colleagues about their past dental experiences with their dentists.This will help you to find the right person for you.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.

I wish you a speedy recovery !!!

Dr. Behere.

If my answer has helped you, please click on the *ACCEPT* button and give me *POSITIVE FEEDBACK*.

A * BONUS* will be highly appreciated. This tells me that my advice was indeed beneficial.
Dr. Behere and other Dental Specialists are ready to help you