Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

Can repairing a chipped tooth on a bridge with a bonding

material be described as Labial...
Can repairing a chipped tooth on a bridge with a bonding material be described as Labial Veneer process
7/24/2008
Dr. Brent
Dr. Brent, Dentist

HiCustomer

Great question. If all or most of the porcelain was chipped off the front of your bridge, then it certainly would be considered a Labial Composite Veneer. If the chip or fracture is small, it should be coded at a "bridge repair" or as a 1,2, or 3 surface composite which is usally a much lesser charge. It is important that the veneer is coded as "composite labial veneer" and not "porcelain labial veneer." Labial veneers can be very tricky and require a higher degree of skill and time and, as such, are more expensive. I hope I anwered your question. Please ask if you have more. Thank you, *****

Reply to Dr. Brent's Post: As your response has given me more of an understanding of this procedure, does NPXM # 8 Labial Veneer give me more of a definitive of the procedure

Gene,

NPXM means "new patient exam"

"labial Veneer" isn't detailed enough. I would call your dentist and ask what type of labial veneer he charged you for. Composite or porcelain?

Thanks, ***** *****

Dr. Brent
Dr. Brent, Dentist
Dr. Brent
Dr. Brent
Dr. Brent, Dentist