Dr.Hans
Dr.Hans, Masters of Dental Surgery
Experience:  11 years of clinical experience in diagnosing and treating problems in oral and dental health.
8847979

The front half of my bicuspid tooth has broken. what is the

Customer Question

the front half of my bicuspid tooth has broken. what is the avwerage cost to fix it without dental insurance?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr.Hans replied 9 years ago.
DearCustomer

Welcome to just answer.

The cost factor will depend on the treatment you undergo.Its very difficult to tell you what exactly can be done to fix your broken tooth, without knowing to what degree its broken and without having a look at the X rays.But yes, in all probability, it can be fixed!

If the tooth does not involve pulpal damage than can be restored by amalgam filling and a crown can be given.

If the pulp is involved, the tooth will have to be root canaled first and then a crown will have to be given.

The amalgam filling can cost you between 150$ to 300$, Average fee of a root canal on a biscupid tooth is $865 with a range between $625 to $1,250.

For crowns you have 3 options:

1) A porcealin crown made for a single tooth ranges from $800.00 to $1200.00

2) A porcealin fused to metal crown cost ranges from $600 to $860.

&3) Average cost for a metal crown is $150 to $ 300.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.

Regards,

Dr.Hans