Dr. George McKee
Dr. George McKee, Dentist
Experience:  Licensed dentist with 30 years clinical experience in general practice and cosmetic reconstruction.
7707004

The thin layer of skin on the inside of my cheeks keeps

The thin layer of skin on the inside of my cheeks keeps sloughing off.   It is not a sore or wound, it is not painful, it does not bleed. I have never smoked or drank. I have diabetes. What is causing that to happen?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr.Hans replied 9 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

Do you have the following symptoms such as sticky, dry mouth? or

Is there any sense of burning in the mouth?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
No stickyness or sense of burning on inside of cheek.
Occasional dry mouth from use of CPAP breathing machine which does not happen often or on the day that the skin peels off (I usually notice the skin sloughing off in the afternoon. Also I occasionally use Clotrimazole oral troche 10 mg tablets which I think is for yeast? buildup on tongue as a symptom of diabetes.
Expert:  Dr.Hans replied 9 years ago.
Hello NGLM,

I am sorry but i need to opt out at this moment.

Please be patient as another expert online will help you.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I am using the same toothpaste I have used for years, and do not use teeth whitening products or mouthwash. No new medicines or food either. Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Dr. George McKee replied 9 years ago.
Dr. George McKee, Dentist
Experience: Licensed dentist with 30 years clinical experience in general practice and cosmetic reconstruction.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I was afraid it was cancer, it it is an allery I can live with it.