Dr.Hans
Dr.Hans, Masters of Dental Surgery
Experience:  11 years of clinical experience in diagnosing and treating problems in oral and dental health.
8847979

I HAVE A REALLY BAD TOOTHACHE THAT IS GOING UP TO MY EYES...

I HAVE A REALLY BAD TOOTHACHE THAT IS GOING UP TO MY EYES... ANYWAY I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF TRAMADOL HELP THIS KIND OF PAIN
HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

You can take Tramodol which will help you in reducing your tooth ache, it is an centrally acting analgesic with two complementary mechanisms of action i.e opioid and aminergic.
I would also like to tell you that we as dentists usually donot prescribe it as it has various side effects.

Read more about tramadol here:

Tramadol

There is also another very effective way to control dental pain using the over the counter medications is to switch between taking 400illigrams of Ibuprofen( 2 tablets of advil) and 1000 milligrams of acetaminophen (tylenol) every 3 hours. Read more about tylenol here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tylenol

Here is something else,that can be done for instant relief:

1) You can try 'Toothache Drops' available at pharmacy.

2) Application of Clove Oil to the aching tooth is best to reduce pain. Clove oil contains eugenol which is very soothing to exposed tooth.,Place a drop or two on cotton pellet and place it on the tooth if if there is any cavity/decay.

Other than this you can also to the following at home to reduce the swelling,also application of heat sometimes does help to reduce pain,You can start rinsing frequently with hot salt water solution-- dissolve ½-teaspoon of salt in 8 ounces of water as hot as you can tolerate without burning the mouth,and rinse for two minutes every four hours, this will provide you relief.

Also avoid eating, hot, spicy and hard food.Donot brush hard or chew hard foods from that area. Keep that area clean and free from food particles.

Other than all this,visit your dentist as early as possible and get the tooth properly evaluated and filled by conservative means.

I hope this answers all your questions.Feel free to contact me again if you have doubts and we can discuss it

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid.
This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed.Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

Take care!!

Thanks