Dr.Hans
Dr.Hans, Masters of Dental Surgery
Experience:  11 years of clinical experience in diagnosing and treating problems in oral and dental health.
8847979

how long does it take for a gum graft to heal

No Comment Added
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr.Hans replied 9 years ago.
HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

Once the grafts are placed superficial healing takes place by 7-10 days. The connective tissue fibers present at the interface between the graft and recipient bed will start organizing from 2nd day and may take several days..

The complete healing of a graft of Intermediate thickness is completed by 9-10 weeks whereas Thicker grafts may require about 16 weeks.

Functional integration (i.e blending /combining of parts to function as one tissue) of the graft occurs by 17th day, but the Graft is Morphologically distinguishable from the surrounding gum tissue for months.This graft than eventually blends with the adjacent tissues and appears pink,firm and healthy as ones own gum tissue.

I hope this answers all your questions.Feel free to contact me again if you have doubts and we can discuss it

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid.
This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed.Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

Take care!!

Thanks