Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

Can you correct calcium deficiency in teeth enamel with

Customer Question
cosmetic surgery?...
Can you correct calcium deficiency in teeth enamel with cosmetic surgery?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Dental
4/24/2008
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 9 years ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

The answer to that is no.

The calcium content of our teeth is predecieded and no amount of ingestion of calcium, injections of calcium or surgery can increase it.

What cosmetic procedures can do, is alter the look of the enamel by adding am artifical layer on it.

If you tell me more about why you need to increase the calcium content of your teeth, i can give you a more detailed answer.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.

Regards,
Dr. Behere.

If my answer has helped you, please click on the *ACCEPT* button and give me *POSITIVE FEEDBACK*.

A * BONUS* will be highly appreciated. This tells me that my advice was indeed beneficial.
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist