Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

My almost 17 year old daughter has a mouth full of rotten

Customer Question
teeth, PTSD and major dental...
My almost 17 year old daughter has a mouth full of rotten teeth, PTSD and major dental anxieties. They''re so bad it looks like she has "meth mouth", although she has never used illegal drugs of any sort. She wants to get them pulled and get dentures. Unfortunately, we''ve never had the money in the past. I am about to inherit a small amount of money from my dad''s estate and am planning on use it to take care of her teeth. How do we get started, and what price range would we be looking at.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Dental
3/24/2008
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 9 years ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

I am sorry to hear about your daughter's oral problems. At this age, having many rotten teeth is an indiation of bad oral hygiene from childhood.

Luckily, you are thinking of getting proffessional treatment now. A few more years and she might have lost all her teeth.

Firstly let me tell you that a rotten tooth need not be necessarily pulled out. After making a X ray, a dentist can decide whether to save it by doing a root canal and then a crown.

It is very veryu difficult to give you an estimate here on JA because I do not have chance to look at your daughetrs teeth ror make X rays. After the condition of all teeth is known, it is then a simple matter of addition and multiplication.

I understand that you are looking for affordable dental treatment. I suggest you try the dental schools in and around your city for treatment.

Also, you can contact the local dental association in your city. They might be able to help out.
You can find the contact details by visiting

http://www.ada.org/ada/organizations/local.asp

A last word : As far as possible, try to save as many teeth as you can. Your daughter has a long long way to go. Complete dentures are just not the right solution for her right now.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.

Good Luck !!

Regards,
Dr. Behere.

If my answer has helped you, please click on the *ACCEPT* button and give me *POSITIVE FEEDBACK*.

A * BONUS* will be highly appreciated. This tells me that my advice was indeed beneficial.
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist