Dr. George McKee
Dr. George McKee, Dentist
Experience:  Licensed dentist with 30 years clinical experience in general practice and cosmetic reconstruction.
7707004

I had a tooth pulled alittle while ago and it still hurts

I had a tooth pulled alittle while ago and it still hurts alot. went back to the dentist three times.ithink he is at fault and left parts of the tooth or bone in my mouth. what can i do with out going back to him.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. George McKee replied 9 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more? How long ago did you have the tooth removed? Do you know for certain that there are still fragmants of the tooth remaining?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I DONT KNOW IF THERE IS STIIL FRAGMENTS IN MY MOUTH BUT IN STILLS HURTS ALOT.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I DONT KNOW FOR SURE.BUT IT HURTS ALOT.
How long ago did you have the tooth removed?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Dr. George McKee's Post: TOOTH WAS PULLED DE 28
Dear ,

Thank you for the additional information.

If you do not want to return to this dentist then you need to get a second opinion from an oral surgeon. Make an appointment with one and make sure they take an X-ray to see if, in fact, any of the tooth remains. You should not be in
pain this long after an extraction, so something is not right.

If you discover that the original dentist is at fault with the treatment, your best means of recourse is to request a peer review hearing from your local dental society. The peer review committee will look at your claim and make a recommendation on how to rectify the situation. As a m ember of the dental society, your dentist must abide by their ruling. It costs nothing to you to make a claim. You can find the contact details of your dental society by following this link:

http://www.ada.org/ada/organizations/local.asp

I hope this answers your question.

If you have any concerns regarding this issue that I have not addressed, please let me know and I will get back to you with more information.

Sincerely, ***** ***** DDS