Dr. George McKee
Dr. George McKee, Dentist
Experience:  Licensed dentist with 30 years clinical experience in general practice and cosmetic reconstruction.
7707004

I need to know the best way now. dont tell me i cant. im

Customer Question

i need to know the best way now. dont tell me i cant. im doing it now. please tell me how
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. George McKee replied 9 years ago.

Dear help839,

Don't do it! - Read on

As easy as it might seem on television or the movies, removing a tooth is not as simple as it may look. If you try to extract you own tooth you run the risk of severely injuring yourself and creating a situation that will cost you more money to treat than the cost of a simple tooth extraction. You run the risk of causing one or more of the following if you attempt to extract your own tooth:

1. Breaking you jaw. The wrong force in the wrong direction will easily fracture bone.
  2. Uncontrolled bleeding. The mouth is a very vascular area.
  3. Breaking off an additional tooth.
  4. Breaking off just part of the intended tooth, leaving a submerged root which will get infected.

Don't do it.

Sincerely,

George McKee DDS