How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. George McKee Your Own Question
Dr. George McKee
Dr. George McKee, Dentist
Category: Dental
Satisfied Customers: 1396
Experience:  Licensed dentist with 30 years clinical experience in general practice and cosmetic reconstruction.
Type Your Dental Question Here...
Dr. George McKee is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on the verge of loosing the tooth it is in the front of

Customer Question

I am on the verge of loosing the tooth it is in the front of my mouth. How can I anchor it to keep it in my mouth?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. George McKee replied 9 years ago.

I am going to assume that your tooth is loose from gum disease. The only way to give this tooth additional support is to have it bonded to the solid tooth next to it. Dentists call this splinting the tooth. Make an appointment with your dentist and see if this is a possibility for you. The technique does not solve the problem that caused the looseness, however. You also need to have the periodontal (gum) disease treated. I hope this answers your question. If you have any concerns that I have not addressed regarding this situation, please let me know and I will give you more information.
Sincerely, ***** ***** DDS