Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If you are in jail with no bond for 2 criminal damage to…

Customer Question
If you are in...

If you are in jail with no bond for 2 criminal damage to property and s pfa and exconding court ordered rehab can you get a bond if you have already been in jail over 2 months and almost finished rehab and your next court date is September 27th

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Yes she was going to get out today but she left rehab and went to court today and they set the court date up for September 27 the new charge that was filed was exconding rehab she needs to be out so she can start the process with kvc pr else she loses her kids way before September 27th

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Kansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to know if we can get a bond if I hire an attorney she only has a court appointed attorney

Submitted: 9 days ago.Category: Criminal Law
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
When are you going to have my answers for me
7/11/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 9 days ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

SHe's a flight risk. She's charged with absconding. If she's let out, the judge has reason to believe she may not come back. It would take a highly persuasive lawyer -- public or private -- to make an argument under those circumstances which would get her out.

That said, is it impossible? No. Some lawyers can be that persuasive. If you can find one who thinks he can convince the judge to set some bond here, hire him.