Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My son is in parole review process. He was sentenced to 10

Customer Question

My son is in parole review process. He was sentenced to 10 years and has about one year left to serve. He has previously only been up for a parole hearing once. He has had several attempts of suicide in the past and is currently in a unit that provides mental health care. He also has a civil matter pending due to failure to provide medical care. I would like to seek assistance for his representation in his parole hearing.
JA: What are the exact charges? Is this a federal or state case?
Customer: One count of aggravated robbery.
JA: Where did the aggravated robbery occur? Sentencing laws vary by state.
Customer: Houston, Texas
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He also has a warrant for his arrest for a traffic ticket that he was unable to make court date due to his incarceration.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry, are you seeking representation from an attorney on this site? That is forbidden by state law, you would need to get a local attorney in Houston to represent him. We can only answer questions for customers to direct them to the right actions based on their cases.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What can I do to assist my son in his parole hearing ?is there a website that will give guidance on how to prepare for parole hearing?