Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was once cited with having alcohol as a minor and when i…

Customer Question
I was once cited...

I was once cited with having alcohol as a minor and when i went to court it was an infraction and i am wondering if that is in my criminal record

Lawyer's Assistant: What were they charged with exactly? Are there any upcoming court dates?

This was back in 2013 i remember it was issued as a misdemeanor but when i went to court it was reduced to an infraction and i just paid the fine and that was it but im applying for my certificate of clearance and im unsure if i have to disclose that information just because i dont have the citation or the case number ***** any of that information

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

California

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/1/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Okay, thank you

Yes. It would be on your record. If it was filed with the court as a misdemeanor, then it would show as a misdemeanor arrest and a plea to a violation. California does not remove arrest records (a citation is in lieu of an arrest) unless you qualify for and obtain a motion for factual innocence.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.