Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was once cited with having alcohol as a minor and when i…

Customer Question
I was once cited...

I was once cited with having alcohol as a minor and when i went to court it was an infraction and i am wondering if that is in my criminal record

Lawyer's Assistant: What were they charged with exactly? Are there any upcoming court dates?

This was back in 2013 i remember it was issued as a misdemeanor but when i went to court it was reduced to an infraction and i just paid the fine and that was it but im applying for my certificate of clearance and im unsure if i have to disclose that information just because i dont have the citation or the case number ***** any of that information

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

California

Submitted: 17 days ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/1/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 17 days ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Okay, thank you

Yes. It would be on your record. If it was filed with the court as a misdemeanor, then it would show as a misdemeanor arrest and a plea to a violation. California does not remove arrest records (a citation is in lieu of an arrest) unless you qualify for and obtain a motion for factual innocence.

Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 16 days ago

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD