Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have someone trying to blackmail me although I don't think…

Customer Question
I have someone trying...

I have someone trying to blackmail me although I don't think that I did anything wrong so I'm trying to find out.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have blackmail charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

No. I need to report the person to law enforcement but the person is threatening to tell on me but I don't think I even did anything illegal.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the blackmail occur?

Arizona The person stole from me and damaged my vehicle which is what I want to report.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/31/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

okay
Is it chat possible? I think it would be easier for me.
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Yes sure, I'd be happy to speak with you over the phone.

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Just click on the link above and the site will get us set up for the call. Thanks!

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Hi, just checking in to see if you'd still like help getting your questions answered. Think of this more as a back and forth conversation. Let me know if you'd still like my assistance, thanks!