Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I recently went to jail for self defense against my

Customer Question
I recently went to...

I recently went to jail for self defense against my boyfriend at the end of April. The charge was assault because I left a mark on him. Now he was intoxicated at the time of the incident and this will be my very first case EVER. I go to court on Friday, is this something that could get dismissed or will this be something I have to worry about. I can’t afford a lawyer but the court is giving me one. I need advice please!

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the assault charges?

Yes this Friday June 1st

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the assault occur?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My boyfriend is currently in jail for a similar charge but he choked me and left a mark around my neck. His charge is assault implementing breath circulation

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/29/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 26 days ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Are you saying that you were both arrested for the same incident?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I was arrested first on April 25th during a dispute we had while he was intoxicated. He got physical and I defended myself, and when the police came they asked their questions and I ended up arrested because he had a mark on him. About a little over a week later, I was at work when he was at my home to get his things and when I got home he was still there, intoxicated yet again. I walked away this time and came back and discovered he went into my wallet to get money for more drinks after that things got super physical on his part and he started choking me. I was able to get ahold of my dad which told me to get in touch with the police and when they showed up, they instantly seen his finger prints on both sides of my neck and then they arrested him.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Sorry I can’t afford that phone call. So I’ll stick to messages.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Hello?