Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My husband is currently waiting sentencing and we

Customer Question
My husband is currently...

My husband is currently waiting sentencing and we waswondering ab the 65% law and if it has passed yet

Lawyer's Assistant: What was the conviction for exactly? Have all appeals been exhausted?

conspiracy to selling cocaine and meth he is looking into plea deal he cant talk to me ab it over phone but I think hes working with government idk honestly

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the conspiracy occur?

Mo

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How does he feel ab using federal authority counselors?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/27/2018
Criminal Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
RobertJDFL, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good afternoon,

I believe you are asking about the federal reduction in sentencing? Unfortunately, while legislation keeps getting introduced, it has yet to pass. I think most politicians don't want to appear "soft" on crime by voting yes on laws that reduce the amount of time people will spend incarcerated. Currently, federal inmates will serve about 87% of their sentence.

As far as a counselor, I think they're a wise investment. The prosecutor is going to be well prepared in their arguments. Generally, these services offer trained, licensed counselors with years -if not decades -of experience in federal criminal cases and will work to make a full evaluation of your husband and help present him as favorably as possible in court. They also help with things like preparing an individual for life inside a federal facility, what housing is like, what restrictions there are, what day to day life is like, what programs and services are available to them as an inmate, how to help a family cope with things, etc.

Please let me know if I may clarify anything or provide you with additional information.