Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am from Puerto Rico. I purchased a Power Generator from…

Customer Question
I am from Puerto...

I am from Puerto Rico. I purchased a Power Generator from China but it was seized by CBP. The property is 1 Diesel Generator (14KW) Beinei (F2L912).

Lawyer's Assistant: Have racketeering charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the racketeering occur?

PR

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/27/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Did you receive a letter from CPB? Why did they stop your shipment? What are your options and what is your question?

I’m including the letter. I want to try if I can install some catalytic and do the engine in comformity with EPA.

They do not want to release this to you because it is out of EPA compliance. You can try to petition under #1 to make a showing that you will be able to get it into compliance and then come up with the requisite certificates, but, as they warn you, you may be unsuccessful. They do not have to allow you to do that.