Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Can I own a firearm in California if I have a pc242 assault…

Can I own a firearm...
Can I own a firearm in California if I have a pc242 assault charge?
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/27/2018
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Was it a domestic assault? If not, is there a protective order

No to both of those questions

If this was a simple battery, meaning a misdemeanor conviction and not a felony, as long as it was not a domestic matter and there is no protective order in effect, your firearms rights are still intact. You should be able to purchase an own a firearm.

Zoey_ JD
Ok great! Thank you again zoey! Have a great memorial day weekend

Safe and happy holiday weekend to you too!