Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Do being an felon bar you from being a owner in a,hospice?

Customer Question
Do being an felon...

Do being an felon bar you from being a owner in a,hospice? In trxas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

I'm an ex felon.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Tx

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/26/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Being a convicted felon can prevent you from becoming licensed by the state for providing hospice services, it depends on what the felony was for and how long ago the felony was completed. It is not usually an absolute bar at licensing, but it can indeed be used to prevent licensing of your hospice care facility.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

I was referring to ownership in a company. I started a hospice, now my partner say I'm not because of my back ground. But she knew before

Thank you for your reply.

Your ownership in the company could not be allowed if it prevents the hospice from being licensed due to the felony, that is what I was saying above.