Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I violated a condition of bond (high BAC and intoxlot

Customer Question
I violated a condition...

I violated a condition of bond (high BAC and intoxlot violation because I waited too far in between to retest) I'm scheduled for a bond hearing today but I don't have a warrant. Can I be arrested today

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?

I had a DWI first appearence is 8 jun

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the DWI occur?

Texas

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/25/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Ok
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

To clarify, was the interlock device placed in your vehicle as a condition of bond?

I wasn't attempting to drive but to blow for my required twice a day
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Thanks for clarifying.

Since this was a requirement of your bond, and you violated it, then yes it possible that your bond can be revoked and you placed back into custody at the hearing today.

The judge can then issue a higher bond amount as well.

It's also possible that the judge may be lenient and let you off with a warning.

Do you have the representation of an attorney for the DWI case?

If so, then you should contact them right away to let them know of the current situation, and so they can be present at the hearing today, and hopefully be able to negotiate the reinstatement of your bond, without you having to be taken into custody.

If you don't already have an attorney, then you should try to locate one as soon as possible, but finding an attorney to appear in court on the same day may prove very difficult.

I hope that helps!

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me - I'll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Please remember that any information shared over this site is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should meet with and consult a local attorney for representation in this matter.

y have a lawyer. The bonds people kept telling me he can't arrest me without a warrant today
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

The judge is the person that issues a warrant, he has the authority to revoke the bond in court for violation of the terms of bond.

That's good news that you have already retained a lawyer, just ensure that they will be attending the hearing with you today.

I hope that helps clarify! Let me know if you still have any questions about this.

If not, don't forget to rate so I can be credited for my time and help with your question, thank you!

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!