Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My nephew is awaiting sentencing on a federal case. He was…

Customer Question
My nephew is awaiting...

My nephew is awaiting sentencing on a federal case. He was arrested for failing a drug test. He was taken into custody to Florence AZ and I don't know where is housed?

Lawyer's Assistant: What was the conviction for exactly? Have all appeals been exhausted?

Yes everything was exhausted. he was scheduled for sentencing next month. I don't understand the legal language very good. He was convicted of 4 counts of transporting methamphetamine.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has he talked to an AZ lawyer about this yet?

Yes he had a public defender and all that was done they just kind of help lessen the sentence time since he had no priors and he had just turn 18 when crime was committed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm just trying to help his mom find information. He was arrested just yesterday for failing to appear and failing his probation and drug test. That's all i know.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/25/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Are you asking if there's a way that you can find an inmate in Federal detention?