Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My ex forged his community service hours he paid to have e…

My ex forged his...

My ex forged his community service hours he paid to have e them signed off after a.dui. the courts don't know I'm in a custody case. Who should I contact to look into this or alert

Lawyer's Assistant: Have forgery charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

No. Noboy knows except me he was bragging about it at a bar

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the forgery occur?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He says he paid his last fine and it's settled but the court doesn't know he never did community service

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/23/2018
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Thank you

You could call the DA's Office and alert the prosecutor who was assigned to the case and who gave him the deal requiring community service. If he's on probation as well and community service was a condition of his probation, then you could also contact his probation officer.

I don't have that information on his prob officer. Which da should I call I'm in Los Angeles as where crime was committed

You'd call the DA's office that serves the court where the case was held. If that was in LA, then you'd call the LA prosecutor's office. You'd give the telephone receptionist your boyfriend's name and ask for the prosecutor who had been assigned to the case against him. They will have the information in their computer.

Excellent!

Thanks!

I strive for 5-star service. If I have addressed all of your concerns, please take the time to rate my service to you by selecting 3, 4, or (hopefully) 5 stars on the rating scale, as that is the only way that JustAnswer gives us Experts credit for our work. You would still be able to post further follow ups on this question thread about this for no additional cost, even after I've been rated.

Good luck!

Also one more question what is the statue of limitations on harassment in California. My ex sent crazy texts to me but is was 181 days ago

The statute of limitations is 1 year on a misdemeanor, so you're still in time.

Would saying things like o bleeping hate you I wish I never met you count
Via text and Facebook
It was a back and forth
I said bad things too

Penal Code §646.9(e) defines harassment as:

"knowing and willful course of conduct directed at a specific person that seriously alarms, annoys, torments, or terrorizes the person, and that serves no legitimate purpose. This course of conduct must be such as would cause a reasonable person to suffer substantial emotional distress and must actually cause substantial emotional distress."

Also I said I was going to call social services because he had given me alarm to do so a d I had evidence. However I did not call. He says that was a threat on his well being? Is that accurate

It would be a threat if you said, "If you don't do X, I'm going to call social services." That would, in fact, be a form of extortion. But I don't think what you said was a threat.

Gotcha that makes sense

Good luck with all this!

Please don't forget to rate my service before leaving the site so that I can get credit for assisting you.

Zoey_ JD
I really appreciate the help thank you

You're very welcome!