Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was arrested in 2008 P08CRM1965-1 for shop lifting had to…

Customer Question
I was arrested in...

I was arrested in 2008 P08CRM1965-1 for shop lifting had to do community service which I did and had to pay court fees but I dident cause I dident have a job now I'm going to work at a preschool and need to be finger printed would I have a warrant for my arrest will I be arrested if I get finger printed it was 10 years ago and I'm not sure what will happen to me I was young and made a mistake and I don't want my life to be ruined for that mistake

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?

No it was 10 years ago it was a misdemeanor I think it was under vandalism

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the vandalism occur?

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just will I have a warrant for in paid court fines will it show in the finger print check

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/17/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 3 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

ok thank you

If you failed to pay your court fees generally that would result in a warrant. Because warrants never expire, you could expect this to still turn up on a background check, in which case it will likely cost you the job.

The best way to handle this is to take care of this before you have to be printed for this job. Call the court where your case was and speak to the clerk. He can tell you if there's a warrant and what the fee would be. He may even be able to take your payment to get this whole thing behind you. If not, you'd have to see the judge who will lift the warrant and then let you pay the court costs.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.