Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My felony vandalism was reduced to misdemeanor at

arraignment hearing under penal code...
My felony vandalism was reduced to misdemeanor at arraignment hearing under penal code 17 b and I missed my trail .So, I get felony FTA or misdemeanor FTA ???
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/15/2018
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

If your case was reduced at arraignment, it went forward as a misdemeanor. If you missed a misdemeanor trial date, this would be a failure to appear on a misdemeanor. It's only when a case is reduced only as part of a plea agreement that if you don't take the plea or disappear it can go forward again as a felony. But here, the case proceeded as a misdemeanor because the prosecutor likely believed he didn't have enough evidence to secure an indictment.

Zoey_ JD
At preliminary hearing .. my attorney plead Not Guilty .. As the judge asked for a plea at Further proceeding arraignment hearing to set ..

Right, but it was reduced at arraignment. So the case is a misdemeanor.