Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I got arrested almost 2 years ago for a marijuana posession…

Hi. i got arrested...

Hi. i got arrested almost 2 years ago for a marijuana posession class a misdemeanor ...first and only charge ever. this coming oct. i live in tn...what is the protocol for the expungement process with another state? thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you convicted of exactly? Have all your appeals been exhausted?

Posession of a class a substance? it is a class a misdemeanor...i didnt even see a judge...i just pled guilty to the da...and went back to tn.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a TN lawyer about this yet?

No i have one at tulane....shes been setting it up for me in LA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats it

i served about 6 hours of jail time and got out on bond....i just am wondering what i will have to do in TN for the expungement to be cleared in LA? i pled guilty to the class a misd. charge....paid fines...and went home...the DA and*****workers said this was a waste of my time and their time, and that i should not have been there...thank you!
i was not difficult w the cops and had a rather horrid officer...i wish i could remember his name but...he was awful. i have photos of my wrists being bruised from how tight he cuffed me and had me chained to the bench for no reason.
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/13/2018
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Just to be clear, this happened in California?

no louisina

Thank you and please allow me a moment

Thank you. Yes, that is where you would need to apply for the expungement and if you are in another State, you could retain local counsel, to help file for this and appear on your half, to get it done, as long as you are eligible. Almost anyone who has a Louisiana state court, non-violent felony or misdemeanor conviction who has successfully completed his sentence and waited the required period of time may ask for an expungement and I have shared a link below, that contains the forms, if you wanted to proceed on your own.

https://www.jaclouisiana.org/expungements

CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
ty

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.