Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have a case where my client 2as attacked by his wife he…

Customer Question
I have a case...

I have a case where my client 2as attacked by his wife he restrained her she attacked him from behind and admitted to doing so and the prosecution still wants to go to trial I've seen the evidence against me I've seen more bruises on two drunk woman fighting should I be nervous that she. Has something I dont

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Yes felony assault 2

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the assault occur?

Ak

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/2/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Cases like this are typically what we call he said/she said cases and what actually happened will be resolved in court at trial if the case gets that far. Under facts like this where both parties have engaged in physical acts against the other, each party generally will claim the other is the aggressor and that anything they did, they did only in self-defense. Questions of fact are what criminal cases are designed to reveal. The trier of the facts, judge or jury, will determine what did happen at the close of all of the evidence.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.