Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Back in oct 2016 police posted on the internet and newspaper…

Customer Question
Back in oct 2016...

Back in oct 2016 police posted on the internet and newspaper that they arrested me for criminal trespass .Not true they never even spoke to me co workers know its embarrasing im emotional think about it everyday and still on the internet are they allowed to do this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the trespassing charges?

Yes apr 6

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the trespassing occur?

Arizona, went to my ex see my son she called poice

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Never summons to go to court found out through my ex on custody hearing feb 09*****date feb 20 they never let me know so i waited 491 days .

Submitted: 17 days ago.Category: Criminal Law
4/3/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 17 days ago
Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Hello. I will help you today. I have been an attorney for 27 years. I am reviewing your question and will be back to you shortly.

Are you interested in complaining about this or bringing a civil suit?

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
can i file suit?

I think you should ask one of our civil law experts. I can direct you to that category.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
My ex was just trying to get me in trouble we were incustody battle which she prevailed now she told me she doesnt really care about it she got what she wants.So had no speedy trail 491 days for early dispositon court false accusations by police and not a mistake they did it dilibertly.So they never summons me so if she didnt say anything at custody hearing never would have know ,would have a warrant.
Criminal Lawyer: Jonathan Holson, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 16 days ago
Jonathan Holson
Jonathan Holson, Criminal Defense Lawyer

Hi, hoping that I can answer your questions. Information regarding arrest or charging is generally public information. So far as I am aware there is no limitation on posting such information online. So I generally don't see this as any kind of violation. But they would generally need to notify you of the court date so that you can appear.

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
The violation is they are lying is'nt that so.?
Criminal Lawyer: Jonathan Holson, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 14 days ago
if they never arrested you or spoke with you then that would be a violation. It’s called defamation.
Criminal Lawyer: Jonathan Holson, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 11 days ago

Do you have further questions? If not, please give me a positive rating. Thanks.

Jonathan Holson
Jonathan Holson