Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

A complaint has been filed in court charging with a

Customer Question
A complaint has been...

A complaint has been filed in court charging with a violation of section (s) PC409.2 n and directed to appear in court on 4/4/18. Wi

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a WI lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Unfortunately, I just came home and open my mail and saw the notice.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I worked as agent at airport. I was terminated in Jan because they said that I took a passengers luggage and they have video tape of me taking it off the belt and taking it away from area.

Submitted: 17 days ago.Category: Criminal Law
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/3/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 17 days ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question for us about this issue?

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
I didn't take the luggage as alleged. I'm due in court tomorrow to response to initial complaint? How should I answer the charges against me? Will I be allowe to view this security tapes?

First of all, you should say NOTHING about this except "not guilty" and "I need an attorney appointed to me"(if you cannot afford an attorney). You are entitled to an attorney to represent you and because this is a criminal matter that can lead not only to you having a record and possibly jail for a felony, it will also result in loss of your employment and it is way too important for you to not have an attorney immediately.

Your attorney will be entitled to review all of the evidence, including the tapes as part of your right to discovery.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
My employer already terminated me in Jan 2018. I was told base on security tapes but I was not allowed to view said tape. So when I go tomorrow I can enter a plea of not quilty and ask for attorney. Will they take me into custody tomorrow if I enter a not quilty plea?

Thank you for your reply.

Generally, they will make you put up bond for your release or release you on your own recognizance without bond. Your attorney will get the prosecutor to disclose the evidence to view the tapes to see what case they have against you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer