Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My husband is turning himself in tomorrow for a domestic…

Customer Question
Ok my husband is...

Ok my husband is turning himself in tomorrow for a domestic violence and assult they are both mistamenars he is on probation but his probation officer said he is not putting a hold on him what's most likely ganna happen to him

Lawyer's Assistant: What was the conviction for exactly? Have all appeals been exhausted?

He has not been appealed yet

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

He turns himself in tomorrow and it's in ohio

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
4/3/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Ok

What happens will depend upon the case. Probation doesn't violate just for the arrest, but in my experience, they will violate him if he's convicted, whether by plea or by verdict. So unless he wants to fight this new case because he thinks that he can win it at trial, he needs to have his lawyer work out some kind of package with the prosecutor that would allow him to remain on probation for this case along with the original case.

His probation officer knows the whole story and promised not to violate him it was a big misunderstanding is it possible for him only to do a few days cuz the PO is on our side and I have no money for a lawyer so it's just us

Did his probation officer say that he could plead guilty to this without being violated? It may only be a "big misunderstanding" if there is no conviction.

It is possible for him to only get a short-term sanction if he takes a plea but it's also possible for him to do a lot worse than that. If he cannot afford a lawyer, he can ask for a public defender.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.