Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Need help immediately. My son is a school teacher and

Customer Question
Need help immediately....

Need help immediately. My son is a school teacher and apparently has been accused of something with a female student. The police have asked him to come in voluntarily.?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

No, they just asked him to come in to talk

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My son swears to us that he didn't do anything......

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
4/2/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

My son is freaking out, his mother is freaking out....he swears he has done nothing wrong. Should he be worried that the police have asked him to come in and talk? should he have a lawyer present?

I can't begin to apologize enough. The system locked me out for about an hour and I couldn't get back until now. This happens on occasion and always at the worst times. I'm very sorry.

Ok, so if your son is being asked by the police to come speak with him, I would recommend that he not do so unless he has an attorney present. It is probable that the police want to treat this as an informal interview; however, they are going to be doing what they can to try to get him to admit guilt. If he is a person of interest in this, then they are going to basically try to trick him into making a commission. Also, if he has a lawyer, then he should be advised that he has the right to remain silent at all times and anything he says can and will be used against him.

I think that your son should cooperate to a degree; however, he must find an attorney fast and if he can't, he should reschedule until he does.

What other questions did you have for me regarding this?