Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I would like to know the consequences of a 2nd dui with

Customer Question
Hello i would like...

Hello i would like to know the consequences of a 2nd dui with multiple misdemeanors attached to the same dui

Lawyer's Assistant: Have DUI charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

April 16 I have to appear

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the DUI occur?

GA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How much time will I serve im sure the dui and all the misdemeanors may impact me for life

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Criminal Law
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I basically woke up in the hospital, with 4 citations
1. FAILURE TO MAINTAIN LANE
2. DUTY UPON STRIKING FIXTURES UPON HIGHWAY
3. DUI, BUT THE COP DID NO TEST ON THE SCEEN, JUST WHAT THE HOSPITAL SAID, BUT I WENT HOME INSTEAD OF JAIL
4. HIT AND RUNI DONT REMEMBER ANY OF THIS, JUST WAKING UP IN HOSPITAL AFTER DRINKING ENOUGH TO PASSOUT AT THE WHEEL....HOW MUCH JAIL TIME AM I LOOKING AT, I OWN A SMALL BUSINESS AND JUST NEED TO GET TO WORK AND HOME DAILY, JUST NEED TO KNOW WHAT IM FACING TO PREPARE MYSELF
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
THE FIRST TIME WAS A ROAD BLOCK BACK IN 2012, I WAS FOUND WITH DUI AND MARIJUANA POSSESSION, THEY DISMISSED THE POSSESSION UNDER FIRST OFFENDER, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT NOW.
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
ALSO WILL I GO TO JAIL WHEN I GO TO APPEAR SINCE IVE DONE NO TIME YET
4/2/2018
Criminal Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 18 days ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Did both offenses occur in Georgia?
So there was no conviction for the first offense?
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
both offenses were in ga
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I was convicted in APRIL 28 2012 on the first at the road block, I also had marijuana, but the marijuana was dismissed but I still got stuck with dui
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
it was a road block set up, but this time I was in an accident in the charges noted above
It would be important to have an attorney assister on a repeat offender case because dui offenses of 3 or less can result in a year of jail followed by a year of probation along with court fines.
The misdemeanors will typically encourage the judge to be more strict in sentencing. As such it is imperative to retain a dui attorney so they can review the tape and determine if there is any bas is to challenge the procedures used in the arrest. Along with examining equipment and seeking information on officers training.
Ideally one would hope to get the case dismissed because of a technicality.We cannot give specific legal referrals but if you google your city and dui attorney you should be able to locate many. Check with the state bar to make sure they are in good standing and online reviews by former clients can be very helpful as well.
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
WILL I BE ARRESTED AT THE FIRST HEARING?
Generally not. This is what happens at an initial appearance :reading the charges,
Informing the defendant of the right to remain silent and the right to an attorney,
determining whether the defendant can afford an attorney or needs to appoint.Then they will schedule the arraignment.
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Ok
Good luck to you on this. It's best to interview a few different attorneys so one has a choice.If no further questions kindly rate positively if you feel I have earned it! Thank you.
Criminal Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 16 days ago

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer