Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My temporary civil restraining order states that I cannot…

Customer Question
my temporary civil restraining order...
my temporary civil restraining order states that I cannot enter the premises.
My wife is going to Ca for 5 days next week. Since it is my home,
can i give permission for my friend to enter and get me some clothes and see if
she has removed anything from my home?
thanks Ed
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
4/2/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Barrister, Criminal Defense Law replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Criminal Defense Law

Hello again,

.

Does the RO state you can't enter the premises, or you can't enter it while she is there?

.

.

thanks

it says I am barred from the residence of the plaintiff, which is where we both live
and I am prohibited from returning to the scene of the violence

Then no, you can't return, or have someone else return on your behalf, or it could be considered a violation. You would have to request a sheriff/police escort out to the property in order for it not to be considered a violation of the order.

.

.

thanks

ok thanks again!

You are very welcome.. and you don't want to take any chances that would turn this criminal as that stays on your record forever..

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much