Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

What kind of sentencing can I expect for a 3rd degree

Customer Question
felony?...
What kind of sentencing can I expect for a 3rd degree felony?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
4/1/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Under Texas law, the minimum sentence for a 3rd degree felony is 2 years not more than 10 years and a fine of up to $10,000. If the person has no record, then the 2 year minimum sentence can be suspended and probation imposed and the fine average is about $3000.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.