Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

How much does it cost to defend a felony

Customer Question
Second opinion] how much does...
Second opinion] how much does it cost to defend a felony
Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/1/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 18 days ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

The answer is variable. It depends partly upon how you want to resolve the case. If all you need the lawyer for is to cut a deal for you, you can resolve the case for less than $5K, maybe even substantially less, depending upon the nature of the case.

The more serious the case, the more resistant the prosecutor will be to a favorable deal and the more time the lawyer generally will have to spend to resolve it. Felony trial cases would start around $10K but they can go to three times that much if the charge is a serious violent matter.

Finally, the last factor is the experience of the lawyer. The more experience a lawyer has and the better his reputation, the more expensive retaining him or her will be. The sky can literally be the limit, if you're looking for a superstar.

Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 16 days ago

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD