Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If I allow my boyfriend to drive my car and he is caught…

Customer Question
If I allow my boyfriend...
If I allow my boyfriend to drive my car and he is caught with drugs or a DUI, can I also be charged, even if I do not know it?
Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Criminal Law
4/1/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 20 days ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your criminal law question this evening. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with this criminal matter.

Possession of drugs when not on your boyfriend but in the car could lead to you being charged with a possession offense. You would have a defense to a possession charge when you were unaware that they were in your car as you would lack the criminal intent.

DUI is specific to the person driving the car so you couldn't be charged with DUI where you weren't driving.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

In return your positive feedback is much appreciated.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I apologize, but I tried to cancel this question, after I posted it. Do I still owe you for your answer? Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Customer services deals with accounts, you can contact them here:

call 1-***-***-****

In relation to my answer when satisfied I get a credit when you leave positive feedback.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
SINCE I CANCELLED THE QUESTION, I CANNOT LEAVE A POSITIVE EVALUATION, PLUS THE ANSWER IS TOO AMBIGUOUS. IS MY ACCOUNT ALREADY CHARGED?

You will need to call customer services as this isn't something I deal with as I'm independent from the site.

call 1-***-***-****

Best

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer