Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Someone I know used my name during a domestic violence am…

Customer Question
Someone I know used my...
Someone I know used my name during a domestic violence am now i have a warrant linked to that name. How can i quash the warrant an clear my name
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
4/1/2018
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 2 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. How did you find out about this?

I was pulled over for not using a blinker and the officer told me I had a warrant in another county under another name

Thank you for the reply. In a situation like this, you need to contact the prosecutor's office in the county where this happened and the warrant/case was out of and speak with them about the situation. This is what they typically call a " not me" case where someone's ID is stolen and/or their name is ***** ***** they have nothing to do with it. You want and need to show that you are not the person who was arrested for the DV and may need to produce ID and an affidavit of the same, so they dismiss the warrant against you.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!