Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My son stabbed his friend for punching his 10 year old son…

Customer Question
My son stabbed his...

My son stabbed his friend for punching his 10 year old son he is on probation and is mentally sick with bipolar which tiggered him to this out bust when the victim punched his ten year old son what should i do he is on probation an scared to turn his self in in fear he will never see his son again

Lawyer's Assistant: What was the conviction for exactly? Have all appeals been exhausted?

For his probation it was resisting arrest and the new charge is assult with a dangerous weapon which he has a warrant for on probation violation as well as pre trail probation for a&b on a police officer

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

MASS

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Criminal Law
4/1/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 23 days ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

YOur son is in serious trouble, and there's not much you can do to help that, except to get him a lawyer and encourage him to turn himself in with the assistance of his counsel.

What you can't do is help him to evade the law, regardless of how much you care for him and think he may not deserve this new assault charge. If you try to hide him from the police or enable him to evade the officers by supporting him or providing him with a refuge, you can be charged criminally for aiding and abetting a fugitive.

Once he's back before a judge, his mental health condition as well as the circumstances surrounding the assault can be addressed and may provide some mitigation for his crime. But it won't do him any good if he remains at large.

Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 22 days ago

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD