Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Went to target last week and my sister decided to steal make…

Customer Question
Went to target last...

Went to target last week and my sister decided to steal make up but I decided to help her. But I didn’t take anything they check but they gave me a citation on stealing but I didn’t steal only help. I don’t want this to be on my record because it would br my second offense. I haven’t steal for two years now

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you convicted of exactly? Have all your appeals been exhausted?

I’m going to court on May 7th to find out . But when I went to court the first time they told me not to do it anymore and it won’t be on my record.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The stuff she stole was under 100

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/30/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Jonathan Holson, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Jonathan Holson
Jonathan Holson, Criminal Defense Lawyer

There is a legal concept called aiding and abetting. So even if you did not steal anything yourself, your act of helping her is a crime as well. Where in Minnesota are you charged? Are you still on probation for the last theft?