Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have a friend in prison who put his parole plan in to live…

Customer Question
I have a friend...

I have a friend in prison who put his parole plan in to live with me. He called me today and said they denied his plan because Im currently under investigation and am a known gang member. I know a lot of gang members but never once became affiliated. Spent a number of years in prison in the past. Do you think a case manager in a prison would be privy to that kind of info, and if so would divulge that to an inmate? This would tip off the person being investigated and possibly wreck the police case... yes?

Lawyer's Assistant: What was the conviction for exactly? Have all appeals been exhausted?

Possesion and yes

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Colorado

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/30/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Jonathan Holson, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 20 days ago
Jonathan Holson
Jonathan Holson, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Generally speaking a case manager would do his or her due diligence in looking at the case plan on where a parolee is going to live. Your association with known gang members would be a red flag in allowing your friend to live with you. However, it does surprise me that the case manager would disclose to your friend that you are under investigation.
Jonathan Holson
Jonathan Holson