Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

What is punishment for false statement/under penalty. April…

Customer Question
What is punishment for...

What is punishment for false statement/under penalty

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Yes, april 25 2018

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Had child endangerment charge in 2005

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/29/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 3 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

False Statement under Penalty is a class 3 misdemeanor in Pennsylvania. You can see the statute here:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/LI/consCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&ttl=18&div=0&chpt=49&sctn=4&subsctn=0

A class 3 misdemeanor in Pennsylvania has a maximum possible penalty of a year in jail and/or a fine of up to $1,000. Probation would be possible.