Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was intoxicated (blew 1.2) when my lift arrived to pick me…

Customer Question
I was intoxicated (blew...

I was intoxicated (blew 1.2) when my lift arrived to pick me up after drinking with friends. She was too drunk to drive and while in retrospect should have called a cab, decided in my intoxicated state to drive us home. I planned to sleep at her house. Unfortunately I was not that familiar with her neighborhood and at an intersection that I honestly believed included a turning lane. Made a left turn on an exit ramp, saw the "don't drive this way signs" and consciously pulled over on the shoulder at the bottom of the exit ramp. A cop spotted me and began the sobriety test of which I was guilty of. I had made a plan to avoid drinking and driving initially, but my drinking made me too confident. I never and to this day never intended and feel much remorse about the possibility of hurting someone. That is why I pulled over on the shoulder. Is this reckless endangerment, because I was charged with this.

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the endangerment charges?

No. This was my third dwi which I was convicted of on 10/9/2013. Eight years of jail time and 5 years of probation was enough, but my driving license has been revoked for life. I would NEVER get behind a wheel intoxicated again. Couldn't I have learned my lesson by now and going through this?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Nys

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is there any way to dispute this reckless endangerment charge because it means I can't drive forever after 42 years of no accidents inciuding the Dwis.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/29/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Thelawman2, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

It wouldn't be difficult for a prosecutor to bring the reckless endangerment charge. I would highly suggest finding a local DWI attorney who can represent you in this case.