Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Will California extradite from for a wobblier felony? Im on…

Customer Question
Will California extradite from...

Will California extradite from Virginia for a wobblier felony?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Im on probation

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CA lawyer about this yet?

No

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/29/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Thelawman2, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Are you in California or in Virginia?

California
I'm on probation here in Cal. for whats called a "wobblier" felony, Meaning that it could be either a misdemeanor or felony its the lowest felony you can get
I just want to go start over somewhere else

Sorry, I'm just trying to understand the facts. Did you commit a crime in Virginia that you are worried California will extradite you to Virginia for?

No I am on probation in California and want to know if I go to Virginia if California will extradite me back or not
Never mind this is just a scam your probably not even a lawyer

Yes, if you go to California and violate your probation, California would seek your extradition if the wobbler was charged as a felony.

If the wobbler was charged as a misdemeanor, then they would not seek extradition.

The key is not whether or not it was a wobbler, but whether in fact you were charged with the felony version of the wobbler.

it’s a felony but I did almost all my time on it plus when you get all the way across the United States they won’t usually extradite unless it’s a violent crime

Do you have reporting obligations associated with your probation?

Have you considered requesting a probation transfer from your Parole Officer so you don't even have to be concerned?