Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Will California extradite from for a wobblier felony? Im on…

Customer Question
Will California extradite from...

Will California extradite from Virginia for a wobblier felony?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Im on probation

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CA lawyer about this yet?

No

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/29/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Thelawman2, Lawyer replied 25 days ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Are you in California or in Virginia?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
California
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I'm on probation here in Cal. for whats called a "wobblier" felony, Meaning that it could be either a misdemeanor or felony its the lowest felony you can get
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I just want to go start over somewhere else

Sorry, I'm just trying to understand the facts. Did you commit a crime in Virginia that you are worried California will extradite you to Virginia for?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No I am on probation in California and want to know if I go to Virginia if California will extradite me back or not
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Never mind this is just a scam your probably not even a lawyer

Yes, if you go to California and violate your probation, California would seek your extradition if the wobbler was charged as a felony.

If the wobbler was charged as a misdemeanor, then they would not seek extradition.

The key is not whether or not it was a wobbler, but whether in fact you were charged with the felony version of the wobbler.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
it’s a felony but I did almost all my time on it plus when you get all the way across the United States they won’t usually extradite unless it’s a violent crime

Do you have reporting obligations associated with your probation?

Have you considered requesting a probation transfer from your Parole Officer so you don't even have to be concerned?

Thelawman2
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer