Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My husband is due to be paroled in three months and the

Customer Question
courts are saying he cant...
My husband is due to be paroled in three months and the courts are saying he cant live with me to to a past DV that was dismissed by the courts. The citation for the DV is dated 5/26/2013 which was the day of the arrest and the alleged incident but the court stamped the document May 22 2013, 4 days prior, is that still a valid document?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/29/2018
Criminal Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Unfortunately scriveners errors do not invalidate legal documents, so "typos" do not void a legal document.Parole comes with its own set of terms and prior DV incidentd may be considered.I am sorry you are having to deal with this.

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.