Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If I am in the us illegally and was charged with a felony…

Customer Question
If I am in the...
If I am in the us illegally and was charged with a felony can I leave and go back to my country before charges are made
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/29/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 3 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Are you asking whether you would be able to flee the country before your court date? Have you been arrested for this case already?

Almost 2 years ago
I don’t want to call can I just have the conversation over text

The case is on your record, but if you're not on probation or parole you'd be able to leave the country. A warrant would issue for your arrest, however, and you would likely not be able to re-enter the US.