Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am a 65 year old Widow on disability I am on probation for…

Customer Question
I am a 65...

I am a 65 year old Widow on disability I am on probation for shoplifting I was stopped again last week how can I avoid jail time

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you convicted of exactly? Have all your appeals been exhausted?

I was convicted of shoplifting and put on probation for one year I am disabled and 65 I was stopped again last week in a store by officers who said they had me on tape stealing some hand lotion

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the theft occur?

Knoxville Tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes I have a diagnosis of Ms have been on probation maybe 6 months I do not believe I committed this crime I am being accused of I see my probation officer tomorrow I can't not go to jail

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 24 days ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good morning, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Give me just a few minutes to finish typing up some information for you, thanks!

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I'm not sure how this works how much is this answer going to cost me

You have to discuss billing with customer support as billing is handled entirely through the customer support department, but the question should cost you between $30-$40 I believe.

Here's a link to customer support where you can address any billing questions:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Let me know if you'd still like to continue, thanks!

Ely, Counselor at Law