Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have a criminal case. I also have consumer board case

I have a criminal...

I have a criminal case. I also have consumer board case against my license due to the criminal case. But that’s has not started. My question is may the AG put my records from my criminal case in public view on the internet?

Lawyer's Assistant: What was the conviction for exactly? Have all appeals been exhausted?

It’s a Possession case, I don’t have any criminal record. And it’s actually going to get dismissed in September because I completed the program.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so

3/28/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Your criminal record is a public record, so your records from your criminal case are open to the public and as such the AG may put the records into public view. It is not illegal. However, if the case is going to be dismissed, then you can seek to move the court to seal the record, in which case it cannot be published.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

But it will be because of the PC 1000. And that won’t be until September. Can I do anything now?

Thank you for your reply.

I general, you have to wait until it is dismissed and I am sorry you find yourself in this situation, but we can only tell you what the law provides. The only thing you can do is file a motion to seal the case and explain to the court why you would like it sealed from public records and if the judge believes that is a good reason they could legally order your case sealed from view. It does not happen often, but it can happen if you convince the judge that such good cause exists.

Thank you

Thank you.