Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

What is a defferd sentence. I have probation orentation. Wa…

Customer Question
What is a defferd...

What is a defferd sentence

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Yes I have probation orentation

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Wa state Federal way

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm not understanding what are the conditions as in is it like a probation like when people go to prison

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/28/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 3 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

A deferred sentence is a special form of probation where once you fill all of your requirements your conviction is withheld so that it doesn't go on your record. This operates like the dismissal of your charges. You would honestly be able to say that you have no criminal record. Your case would be reflected on your RAP sheet as an arrest and a dismissal.

.

Probation is a non-jail sentence where you have to report regularly to a probation officer, follow his or her rules and stay out of further trouble with the law. Deferrals usually include special probation requirements such as fines, classes and community service as well

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.