Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I'm on parole in ohio from a possession charge in kenton…

Customer Question
I'm on parole in...

I'm on parole in ohio from a possession charge in kenton county ky.. are you familiar with Ky at all

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you convicted of exactly? Have all your appeals been exhausted?

I was convicted of possession in June of 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Are you familiar with kenton county ky

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a pending misdemeanor marijuana in Hamilton county ohio

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 25 days ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Are you there?

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Do you have a particular question with regards ***** ***** that I can help you with?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I've been sanctioned by my parole officer in ohio. Is it likely that I'll be violated in kentucky

Is your parole currently being supervised in Ohio or Kentucky?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Ohio

Just to clarify, the misdemeanor marijuana charge is for an incident that's occurred since you've been on parole, correct?

And you're wondering whether this will result in a parole violation being issued against you?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I'm wondering what the likelihood of me being violated in kenton county ky is.

If parole was officially transferred to Ohio, then that's where the violation hearing would also take place.

Unfortunately it is very likely that you will be issued a parole violation soon as a result of the new misdemeanor offense.

However you would not have to be extradited to Kentucky to address a parole violation hearing, if your parole was previously transferred to Ohio.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 24 days ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer