Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I got out on probation about a year ago have until May 2018…

I got out on...

I got out on probation about a year ago have until May 2018 and was doing DV classes but was ordered to do anger manament got into it with the DV people and now they emailing my PO lies will I be sent back to jail

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you convicted of exactly? Have all your appeals been exhausted?

Aggravated assault

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the Aggravated assault occur?

Kansas but I transferred to Missiouri

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

I'm sorry to hear that.

Can you tell me a little more about your situation, or what your specific legal question is for me today?

Has your PO issued a violation?

I don't no was in the process of getting a new one has seen the new one 3 times went in today to report and was told to go back to the old one called and was told to report at 1:30 today have to be at work at 2 today told PO and she said she don't care so I'm going in at 1:30 was just wondering if she can send me to jail for what the DV people is reporting to her when I have text that show I'm doing what I'm to do
Can't afford the call at this time
She told me that the DV people drop me because I have a aggressive attitude
Is that a violation if I have a aggressive attitude

The phone call request is actually auto generated by the site, so please feel free to disregard it if it's not something you're interested in right now.

That's good that you are reporting in, despite the conflict with your work schedule.

Unfortunately if you miss an appointment with your PO, even if work related, you can be violated.

Having an "aggressive attitude" in and of itself is not a violation of your probation.

However a failure to complete the court ordered DV class is.

What you should do is request placement into another class.

If this is the first time this has occurred, then the judge or your PO should have you placed into another program and afford you an opportunity to continue the classes.

If your PO does issue a violation on this basis, then you unfortunately would be taken into custody, and would have to go to a probation violation hearing (pvh).

However at a PVH, it would be a bit unreasonable for a judge to penalize you, if this is the only issue you've had since on probation, as opposed to attempting to place you into another class.

The DV classes are offered by several programs.

If you are violated, you want to be sure to have legal representation at the pvh, whether that's a private attorney or a public defender if you qualify.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Nisha Jones

If you have any more questions in the future and would like my help, please feel free to reach out to me here at JustAnswer by posting a new question, and adding "For Nisha" to the first part of your question. I'd be happy to help. Best of luck to you, take care!